Integrated Airport Operation Management Systems (IAOMS)
The modern airport is a very complex place. With multiple concourses, ramps, flights, and airlines existing and operating on the same square patch of land, airport operators are beginning to see the need for systems that completely integrate day-to-day airport operations. This level of integration is absolutely necessary for airports to operate efficiently in today's fast-paced environment.
IAOMS provides this needed level of integration.
IAOMS facilitates efficient surface management, integrated operational data, and profitable resource management including counter and gate allocation for common use gates, check-in counters, and bag claim units. IAOMS also provides for seasonal and data warehousing functions and has robust dashboard features for reporting of key statistical data.
Typical systems impacted by IAOMS implementation include:
· Seasonal Scheduling
· Resource Assignment
· Day-to-day Operations
· Departure Prioritization
· Flight Information Management and Display
· Aeronautical Billing System
· Forecasting (“What-If” Scenarios)
· Business Intelligence
· Airport Information Service Oriented Architecture / Data Broker
· Airport Operational Data Base (AODB)
Considering the suite of products and the data architecture, the vision of seamless integration (IAOMS) is much higher than that of typical point-to-point system integration. Information is shared across systems with expected features and benefits such as:
· Complete picture of aircraft locations in the non-movement area in one system
· Automated billing system integration
· Situational awareness for security, operations, and administration
· Data sharing with other key operational systems
· Key Performance Indicators and dashboard requirements
· Effective resource allocation and management
· Predicitve analytics
Our work with IAOMS
As a leader in current and innovative technologies, Barich Inc. has supported the implementation of IAOMS in the following ways:
· At PHX we conducted a detailed study and are assisting with IAOMS implementation in the new Terminal 3.
· At MCO we are conducting the planning and design for IAOMS for the new STC.
· At YUL we are assisting with design and deployment of the IAOMS.
· At YYZ, we assisted with the planning and selection of the IAOMS solutions.
· At SFO, we provided IAOMS planning and implementation oversight for the Terminal 2 and International Terminal enhancement.
· For applied research, we are preparing PARAS Report 0003 "Enhancing Communications and Collaboration Among Airport Stakeholders."
We at Barich, Inc. understand where business transformation needs to occur and are experts in aligning technology advancements with business objectives. With IAOMS being one of these technology advancements, it is our role to understand and implement these systems as we continue our constant effort supporting innovation and efficiency in the aviation industry.