Your Barich Career Awaits You
Title: Project Manager
Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Type: Full Time
How to apply: Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Note: if you do not use a default email application, copy/paste this email address into your preferred email client.
The role of the IT Project Manager is to apply project management methodology to plan, organize, integrate, and execute medium and complex cross-functional technology projects at various stages with varying execution vehicles. These projects deliver specific, measured results in accordance with established deadlines and budgets. In addition to PM responsibilities, the IT Project Manager will identify new client service opportunities.
The person that will thrive in this position works with a high degree of ethics. This person is creative, organized, efficient, self-motivated, a strong communicator, and writer. This person seeks to perform with excellence, is highly responsive and is gracious and performs well under pressure. This person is not looking for a j-o-b hoping to give the bare minimum. Those who love silos and desire to work by themselves will not be successful in this role.
Barich, Inc. is looking for team members to push the envelope in their own skills, looking to continually grow through, and apart from, company provided programs. Barich is growing in our investment of our team members and is looking for team members who are already investing in themselves.
Examples of Duties Include:
- Assist the PMO Director in implementing IT project standards, governance framework and execution methodologies for the IT department.
- Manage program level Lessons Learned Repository, conduct project review meetings, program level risks and issues register.
- Act as liaison between technical and business staff in implementing standards across the IT organization.
- Develop IT standards guide in the areas of project management, application development, quality assurance and security.
- Garner contributions from Project Managers, Development Team, QA Team and Security Team to ensure that the standards developed meet best practices. Implement project standards across all projects in the portfolio.
- Prepare consolidated material from project reports for weekly and monthly review, prepare and distribute monthly IT PMO reports to senior management.
- Coordinate IT projects, releases, requirements gathering sessions, training and the development of information system documentation efforts.
- Review and provide written comments for deliverables designed by contractors and ensure the deliverables address all business and functional requirements as expected.
- Develop project scope, work plans and budgets; identify resources needed, build formal project schedules using industry standard software tools, and methods for measuring results.
- Guide and perform strategic analysis for projects.
- Organize and manage all phases of a project to ensure on-time completion.
- Assemble and coordinate project team members; assign individual responsibilities.
- Assist with development of requests for proposals.
- Provide support and contribution to proposal and work plan development.
- Conduct all necessary meetings to coordinate projects tasks and the completion of project deliverables.
- Identify and mitigate project risks and issues.
- Monitor agreements, including review of invoices; maintain regular communication with service providers.
- Plan and oversee the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
- Produce project reports.
- Provide consultation and guidance to other Barich PMs
- Grow, develop, and maintain exceptional client relationships
- Lead and participate in internal corporate working groups
- Stay abreast of industry trends and application to clients
- Consulting assignments involving unstructured analysis and report writing, including quality assurance and business analysis.
- Understand the structure and strategy of client engagements and perform appropriate research and analysis as required.
- Actively and positively contribute to Barich, Inc. culture.
- Focus on personal and professional growth.
- Teach, coach, and mentor members of Barich, Inc.
- Help improve internal Barich, Inc. processes.
- Further growth of Barich, Inc. through recruiting activity, participation in industry events and associations, industry panels and other opportunities that may present themselves.
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in the IT industry directly related to supporting Project Management Office (PMO) or enterprise IT organization processes.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience with preparing presentations, reports, tables, graphs, and observations for technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience in conducting JAD sessions with business owners, technical staff and stakeholders to gather requirements, draft requirements and design documents, manage project artifacts and repository.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems development lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile project management methodologies.
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with managing multiple priorities and tight timelines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with business users, managers, technical, non-technical, and leadership staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Technology, or related field, or five years of technical experience in the IT industry.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience providing IT technical or business analysis services for complex technology projects in the healthcare industry.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in providing enterprise IT PMO services including planning, designing and the development of advanced systems or applications.
- Experience as an analyst developing and maintaining a repository of technical and functional operations documentation, and collaboration with functional and technical teams to ensure efficient operations of core processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of State-based health insurance market place, specifically Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Medicaid policies.
- Experience with business process modeling, analysis, tooling, documentation and stakeholder communication.
- Working knowledge of organizational change management including principles, methodologies and tools.
- Prior hands-on experience in preparing technical, functional and analytical presentation materials for senior management.
- Familiarity with various traditional and innovative project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Highly effective at plan execution.
- Hands-on project manager able to understand and contribute solutions during all project phases in addition to managing a project to completion. Areas include requirements elicitation, procurement, resourcing, design, test, implementation, maintenance and support.
- Able to effectively communicate project concepts and elements with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with staff, clients, partners, vendors, competitors at all organizational levels.
- Strong business writing skills.
- Strong oral and presentation communications skills.
- Self-motivated team player in a boutique environment, that serves specialized clientele, with the ability to work on concurrent assignments and change roles quickly when necessary.
- Well-rounded with strong analytical curiosity.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Strong follow-through on commitments.
- Quickly recognize multiple solutions to a problem, evaluate and provide options.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and teach team members.
- Maintain honesty and integrity at a high level.
- Superior client focus and professionalism, reflective of the Barich, Inc. premier brand.
- Calm under pressure.
- Quick to adapt to new organizational cultures
- Possess strong meeting facilitation skills.
- Experience and competencies with MS Project, MS Visio, MS SharePoint and MS Office.
Apply by email to email@example.com Note: if you do not use a default email application, copy/paste this email address into your preferred email client.