Your Barich Career Awaits You
Title: Business Analyst
Locations: Phoenix, AZ (Sky Harbor)
Job Type: Full Time
How to apply: Apply via LinkedIn
The role of the Business Analyst is to implement processes to simplify the business process, utilize system automation, and will be responsible for all requirements development tasks, from conducting business needs assessments through solution validation. The Business Analyst will also provide support and expertise within project management and project coordination as needed. The Business Analyst will work at our client’s office site in Phoenix, AZ office and will report directly to Drew Douglas
The person that will thrive in this position works with a high degree of ethics. This person is creative, organized, efficient, self-motivated, a strong communicator, and writer. This person seeks to perform with excellence, is highly responsive, gracious and performs well under pressure. This person is not looking for a j-o-b hoping to give the bare minimum. Those who love silos and desire to work by themselves will not be successful in this role.
Barich, Inc. is looking for team members to push the envelope in their own skills, looking to continually grow through, and apart from, company provided programs. Barich is growing in our investment of our team members and is looking for team members who are already investing in themselves.
Examples of Responsibilities Include:
- Support Barich, Inc.’s business analysis practice by energetically tackling challenges and completing deliverables under the guidance of their project leadership.
- Provide technical direction and ensure compliance with best practice solutions.
- Help facilitate change management within the organization as new applications and processes are implemented.
- Develop exceptional working relationships with the client, where appropriate and help Barich, Inc. be a seamless extension of their team.
- Understand the structure and strategy of client engagements and perform appropriate research and analysis as required.
- Develop business requirements and functional specifications documents by guiding and performing strategic analysis.
- Support the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
- Produce project reports and ad hoc reports as requested by your managers or the client.
- Perform data analysis to support requirements development, new functionality, and system defects.
- Create use cases, process models, and supporting documentation.
- Assist in the development of data models and interface design specifications.
- Assist with the development of test plan strategy and scripts including master test plans, user acceptance test plans, and user acceptance test scripts.
- Ensure project results conform to quality, time and budgetary requirements.
- Acquire understanding of Barich, Inc.’s products and methodology.
- Actively and positively contribute to Barich, Inc. culture.
- Focus on personal and professional growth.
- Teach, coach, and mentor members of Barich, Inc.
- Further growth of Barich, Inc. through recruiting activity, participation in industry events and associations, and other opportunities that may present themselves.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field.
- Five or more years as a business analyst with experience in an IT environment; experience in an airport IT environment preferred.
- Experience with project coordination
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing (functional, integration, and user), defect management, implementation and post implementation support.
- Superior client focus and professionalism, reflective of the Barich, Inc. premier brand.
- Strong analytical curiosity and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Strong research, business writing, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of application programming, database and system design.
- Ability to interact independently and professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts to define concepts and processes.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work on concurrent assignments, changing roles or shifting priorities while retaining excellent customer focus.
- Possess strong meeting facilitation skills, leadership skills and the ability to generate enthusiasm among team members.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with strong attention to detail.
Primary working office hours are 8AM-5PM but flexibility with hours is necessary to meet changing demands, especially when traveling. Travel requirements are moderate and include traveling to client locations, company meetings and conferences about one to three times a year. Traveling is primarily domestic but international travel is possible with conferences and as business grows internationally. Travel obligations may increase as the company and project portfolio develops.
This position is a mid-level role with no direct reports. This position offers great opportunity for industry exposure and networking. As with each company role, this position has the potential for development into any current and future company role as may be desired over a career.