Your Barich Career Awaits You
Title: IT Project Manager
Location: Orlando, FL area
Job Type: Full Time
How to apply: Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Note: if you do not use a default email application, copy/paste this email address into your preferred email client.
The role of the IT Project Manager is to apply project management methodology to plan, organize, integrate, and execute medium and complex cross-functional technology projects at various stages with varying execution vehicles. These projects deliver specific, measured results in accordance with established deadlines and budgets. In addition to PM responsibilities, the IT Project Manager will identify new client service opportunities.
The person that will thrive in this position works with a high degree of ethics. This person is creative, organized, efficient, self-motivated, a strong communicator, and writer. This person seeks to perform with excellence, is highly responsive and is gracious and performs well under pressure. This person is not looking for a j-o-b hoping to give the bare minimum. Those who love silos and desire to work by themselves will not be successful in this role.
Barich, Inc. is looking for team members to push the envelope in their own skills, looking to continually grow through, and apart from, company provided programs. Barich is growing in our investment of our team members and is looking for team members who are already investing in themselves.
Examples of Duties Include:
- Develop project scope, work plans and budgets; identify resources needed, build formal project schedules using industry standard software tools, and methods for measuring results.
- Guide and perform strategic analysis for projects.
- Organize and manage all phases of a project to ensure on-time completion.
- Assemble and coordinate project team members; assign individual responsibilities.
- Assist with development of requests for proposals.
- Provide support and contribution to proposal and work plan development.
- Conduct all necessary meetings to coordinate projects tasks and the completion of project deliverables.
- Identify and mitigate project risks and issues.
- Monitor agreements, including review of invoices; maintain regular communication with service providers.
- Plan and oversee the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
- Produce project reports.
- Provide consultation and guidance to other Barich PMs
- Grow, develop, and maintain exceptional client relationships
- Lead and participate in internal corporate working groups
- Stay abreast of industry trends and application to clients
- Consulting assignments involving unstructured analysis and report writing, including quality assurance and business analysis.
- Understand the structure and strategy of client engagements and perform appropriate research and analysis as required.
- Actively and positively contribute to Barich, Inc. culture.
- Focus on personal and professional growth.
- Teach, coach, and mentor members of Barich, Inc.
- Help improve internal Barich, Inc. processes.
- Further growth of Barich, Inc. through recruiting activity, participation in industry events and associations, industry panels and other opportunities that may present themselves.
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Technology, or related field, or five years of technical experience in the IT industry.
- Five or more years of project management experience; of which a minimum one year in IT environment.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, or ability to obtain PMP certification within 1 year.
- Project Management Plan Development experience
- Project Management Reporting experience
- Request For Proposal (RFP) Development experience
- Professional Services Proposal Development experience
- Experience growing new client services opportunities.
- Strong understanding of Information Technology trends and how they can be applied to an airport environment.
- Highly effective at plan execution.
- Hands-on project manager able to understand and contribute solutions during all project phases in addition to managing a project to completion. Areas include requirements elicitation, procurement, resourcing, design, test, implementation, maintenance and support.
- Able to effectively communicate project concepts and elements with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with staff, clients, partners, vendors, competitors at all organizational levels.
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment.
- Strong business writing skills.
- Strong oral and presentation communications skills.
- Self-motivated team player in a boutique environment, that serves specialized clientele, with the ability to work on concurrent assignments and change roles quickly when necessary.
- Well-rounded with strong analytical curiosity.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Strong follow-through on commitments.
- Quickly recognize multiple solutions to a problem, evaluate and provide options.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and teach team members.
- Maintain honesty and integrity at a high level.
- Superior client focus and professionalism, reflective of the Barich, Inc. premier brand.
- Calm under pressure.
- Quick to adapt to new organizational cultures
- Possess strong meeting facilitation skills.
- Experience and competencies with MS Project, MS Visio, MS SharePoint and MS Office.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Project management experience in an airport IT environment. Preferably managing complex application and design projects such as GIS, ERP, AVI, and Security Access Control Systems.
- Consulting experience beyond project management path. Understanding the subtleties in working as an extension of staff at a client location.
- Experience to help improve and grow Barich, Inc.
- High-level Vision, strategic thinking, and perspective.
- Possess strong leadership skills and the ability to generate enthusiasm among team members.
The job location will be located at the Orlando International Airport in Orlando, Florida. Current travel requirements for this role are minimal but may increase with career progression and role transitions within the company.
This position is a mid-level role with no direct reports. As with every role in the company, this role has the potential for development into any current and future company role(s) as this team member may desire over the course of his or her career.
Apply by email to email@example.com Note: if you do not use a default email application, copy/paste this email address into your preferred email client.